Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

[stars & stripes series] diy #1

I have a fun series planned for the blog that is all about Fourth of July, in honor of my next class!

One thing that bums me out about Independence Day is all the cheesy decorations. They're everywhere.

RIGHT?!

Let's class up Independence Day <---- My personal mission this month.

So the first project I have planned is really easy and really cheap!

STAR SPARKLERS!

So back in December, I bought a huge pack of tinsel pipe cleaners for a Christmas craft project (bought them at Hobby Lobby fyi).


I ended up having quite a bit leftover, so I came up with this....


All you have to do is trace the star pattern with your pipe cleaner, wrapping the end of the pipe cleaner around the beginning to secure the two ends together & hot glue the star and another pipe cleaner together.

Easy as 1...


2...


3!


And done! I included the star file below to upload and print. Also has a "4" on it. That would be super cute to trace too! But I have bigger plans for the number 4...You'll see!

<3 Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will
    be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and excellent
    style and design.

    Feel free to visit my web-site http://comparecarinsurancee.com

    ReplyDelete